The story of Jesus calming the storm is a meaningful passage to me. Three truths emerge from it.
- Sometimes Jesus leads us into trouble. "Let us cross over to the other side." He intentionally took them straight into a storm. Jesus knew what He was doing. He could read men's thoughts, He could certainly predict the weather. Adverse circumstances do not mean you are out of God's will.
- Always Jesus is able. He has power over all things. "Who can this be that even wind and waves obey Him?" Omnipotent God can handle any situation. He can overcome any problem or person. Nothing or nobody is too difficult for God, and this includes your current predicament.
- Today I must respond with faith not fear. Jesus asked the disciples, "Why are fearful? How is it you have no faith?" Fear looks at the storm. Faith looks at the Savior. How will you respond today?
- Are you looking at the problem or the all-wise Lord?
- Are you looking at the sickness or the Great Physician?
- Are you looking at the mountain or the Mountain-mover?
- Are you looking at the shortage or Jehovah-Jireh, the Great Provider?
- Are you looking at the conflict or the Prince of Peace?
- Are you looking at the decay or at Jesus, the Resurrection and the Life?